Ensure that the company Safety Management System, including Food Safety is delivered consistently across all areas of the business and that we continue to comply with our BRC accreditation requirements.
Facilitate and drive the required behavioural Health and Safety changes to meet the objectives outlined in the Safety Management System. Ensure that the Health and Safety & Food Safety policy and procedures are embedded and evaluated to work with key stakeholders to achieve Best Practice standards.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
· To develop and implement Health and Safety strategy, ensuring the Company demonstrates Best Practice with current health and safety & food safety legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision.
· To work proactively with managers and employees to establish and maintain safe systems of work and a safe environment for colleagues, customers and food products, through development and review of RAMS and relevant Health & Safety and Food Safety standards and procedures.
· To ensure the Company Health and Safety and Food Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organisation; ensuring that any specific requirements, such as COSHH/ WAHR, HACCUP etc. are met legally.
· To monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety and Food Safety Policy and Practice and to develop and implement new policies and procedure documents as required.
· To develop, implement and evaluate a pro-active Health and Safety Action Plan for the Company, and to contribute to the development and delivery of the Company Business Plan.
· To review and identify employee training needs in relation to Health and Safety and Food Safety.
· To review Job descriptions in relation to the duties carried out by employees where applicable and facilitate any amendments where required.
· To lead the monthly Health and Safety committee meetings to drive the health and safety agenda consistently and update regularly against agreed KPI’s and progress on all health and safety initiatives.
· To advise the Board and Management Team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety (including food safety) and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance across the organisation.
· To ensure all RIDDOR reportable accidents are reported to the HSE or any other body within the time frame perimeters and documented accordingly (manual and electronically).
· To carry out site audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety and Food Safety systems and procedures, and identify and implement improvements through liaising with the relevant managers and departments.
· Provide and analyse all accident and non-compliance statistics and other health and safety data through the production of management reports, identifying trends and recommend corrective action.
· To investigate or, where appropriate, to assist others to investigate the circumstances and cause of accidents and non-compliances. To take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence, including keeping written records of the investigation and action taken.
· To be the single point of contact for any Personal Injury claims and co-ordinate the parties involved whilst conducting any necessary research, activity and or actions.
· To lead, develop and support the Health and Safety Action Group (CHAS), so that they make a valuable and measurable contribution.
· To work with and support the Quality Assurance team and ensure that we retain our BRC accreditation and comply with such requirements at all times. This will include support on any potential product recall scenarios as well as full traceability protocols and audit support.
Salary: £40,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- 40 hours per week
- To suit business needs