- Contractual Arrangements
Job Title: Oakland Community Champion
Last revision date: May 2021
Department: The Oakland Foundation/Oakland Environmental
Location: Based at Oakland site closest to home address
Weekly working hours: 40
Contract type: Permanent, following successful probation
Responsible to: The Oakland Foundation Trustees & Oakland Environmental
Responsible for: Engagement activities for charitable and environmental purposes
|Our Vision: A Responsible Family Enterprise That Shares Focus on Delivering Sustainable Growth Through Partnerships, Collaboration & Innovation with an Environmental & Social Conscience.||Our Mission: Working Together to Deliver Solutions That Make A Difference|
- Job Purpose
- To develop and support a recognised engagement programme for the communities in and around sponsor workplaces via the Oakland Foundation.
- To develop and support a recognised engagement programme promoting the environmental values of Oakland International via Oakland Environmental.
- Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a clear and consistent community strategy for The Oakland Foundation across all sponsor workplaces.
- Create and maintain a compelling marketing presence which encourages suitable beneficiaries to apply for grants.
- Oversee and develop the initial sifting and recommendation processes for grant decisions.
- Propose, monitor and report upon progress in relation to the Oakland Foundation Annual Budget.
- Act as a relationship manager between the Trustees, sponsors and beneficiaries seeking financial assistance.
- Develop on-going relationships with all sponsors to ensure that key information in relation to the Oakland Foundation and charitable giving is communicated and reported upon.
- Actively promote the Oakland Foundation within sponsor workplaces and externally using appropriate forms of communication.
- Evaluate the positive impact that the Oakland Foundation has upon both the sponsors and beneficiaries receiving grants.
- Engage and build partnerships with those receiving Oakland Foundation support and actively seek opportunities for sponsor employees to volunteer with beneficiaries.
- Capture, record, report and promote all sponsor employee volunteering activity.
- Preparing Trustee monthly board report – detailing KPI’s to include applications, effectiveness of past grants, no. of volunteer hours used etc.
- Create and deliver content for the Oakland Programme to educational establishments.
- Develop and implement a clear and consistent strategy promoting environmental values within the workplace.
- Propose, monitor and report upon progress in relation to the Oakland International’s environmental projects.
- Act as a relationship manager between environmental sponsors and the workplace.
- Engage and build partnerships with those who can support Oakland International’s environmental goals and actively seek opportunities for them to become involved with the business.
- Produce simple assessments showing the impact of implementing environmental measures.
- Produce regular reports showing achievement against agreed targets for environmental behaviours, e.g. energy saving, recycling.
- Generic Responsibilities
- To participate fully in any Personal Performance and Development process offered and to undertake training and development relevant to your role.
- To contribute to the development of a respectful and mutually supportive working environment in accordance with our values.
- Support the team to monitor and control the use of resources.
- Build effective working relationships with colleagues.
- To comply with all Oakland policies and procedures, especially your own duty of take care towards your own personal health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions at work.
- Maintain employee, organisational and beneficiary confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Financial Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate completion of expense claims.
This job description describes the main responsibilities of the post holder. As circumstances change, they may be amended to reflect new requirements of the post, but levels of responsibility and the nature of duties will remain consistent. The post holder will be fully consulted on any significant changes.
The job description is not intended to cover in detail all the tasks required of the post. The post-holder will be required to carry out other associated duties necessary to provide an effective service and deliver the key areas of responsibility. These duties will not be unreasonable and will be appropriate to this level of post.
Signature of post holder:
Name of post holder:
- Job Title: Oakland Community Champion
- Last Revision Date: May 2021
|3. Education / Qualifications / Licences|
· 5 x GSCE A – C (inc. English & Maths)
· 3 x A Levels A – E, or equivalent
· Full UK Driving Licence
4. Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience
|· Experience of working within community engagement, corporate responsibility, environment and business ethics.
· Prior work experience in a team or people-facing environment.
|· CV / Application Form
· Maths test
5. Behaviour / Attitude
- Core Competency Framework:
This person specification describes the main requirements of the post holder. As circumstances change, they may be amended to reflect new requirements of the post, but levels of responsibility and the nature of duties will remain consistent. The post holder will be fully consulted on any significant changes.
|Weekly working hours:||40|