Molly Olly’s is Oakland’s chosen national charity which supports children with terminal or life threatening illnesses and their families to help with their emotional wellbeing.
They provide specialist equipment to help with day to day living, to alternative therapy treatment and granting wishes to ensure a child doesn’t become isolated. The charity has also developed a therapeutic toy lion, Olly The Brave, and book, ‘Olly The Brave And The Wigglys’, to help with a child’s emotional well-being at the start of their treatment journey, which they donate to hospitals and individuals throughout the U.K. Wishes can vary from a request for a hoist for a hot tube to ease chronic muscle pain, to a bed, wig or a visit from a child’s superhero.
Oakland International provides £1,000 per month to provide office space for Molly Olly’s in Warwick (instead of the team working out of founder, Rachel Ollerenshaw’s, dining room!) along with many additional avenues of sponsorship and support which include:
- Oakland’s IT team’s climb of Snowdon raised £4,321 in just 6-weeks which we match-funded to raise this to £8,600 https://oakland-international.com/2021/06/15/snowdon-climb-raises-over-8600-for-childrens-charity-molly-ollys-wishes/
- Supported Molly Olly’s when they delivered food and hampers to families and children in need of support across the country https://oakland-international.com/2020/12/18/oakland-international-and-molly-ollys-wishes-partner-to-deliver-food-and-childrens-hampers-to-families-in-need/
- Supported Oakland’s CEO to undertake an expedition to the South Pole, raising £30,000 https://oakland-international.com/2020/01/21/jubilant-south-pole-explorer-back-home-in-the-midlands/
- A golf day organised jointly organised and sponsored by Oakland International and Avanti Print and Packaging raised an incredible £26,252. https://oakland-international.com/2021/10/05/childrens-charity-golf-day-raises-over-26000/
- To promote awareness and to encourage others think sustainably and ethically, Oakland Molly Olly’s Wishes branding to trailers. https://oakland-international.com/2022/01/24/electric-top-of-agenda-as-arctic-fleet-business-doubles-for-oakland-international/
- Oakland colleagues and friends raised an amazing £10,000 after completing a gruelling 180-mile bike ride for Molly Olly’s, with the group fundraising total of £70,000 supporting around 140 children. https://oakland-international.com/2022/08/10/oakland-and-friends-raise-10k-for-molly-ollys-childrens-charity/
- Provide funding for Molly Olly’s office rental in Warwick. https://oakland-international.com/2020/10/30/childrens-charity-starts-new-chapter-with-high-street-presence/
- Regular inhouse fundraising events including dress down days, Oakland lottery, sales of Molly Olly products.
- Recycling of IT equipment which has to date raised £431.
- Each Oakland site individually fundraise throughout the year for Molly Olly’s such as Bardon site raising £127 from a Red Nose Day event.
- Two large ‘Olly The Brave’ bears purchased and donated to poorly children in Birmingham Children’s and Addenbrooke’s Hospitals.
You can find out more about Molly Olly’s by visiting their website: https://www.mollyolly.co.uk/