Oakland Foundation - supporting children and families
The Oakland Foundation is a registered charity that launched in 2012 and was officially opened by Her Royal Highness, The Princess Royal.
The primary objective of the Foundation is to support the needs of children in England and Wales through a range of educational and youth projects based on education, health and nutrition, and sport. Annually the Foundation can only fund so many worthy causes and so currently is only considering projects based in ‘Worcestershire, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire’ and based around the areas Oakland International is an integral part of the local community (Redditch, Bardon, Corby).
Oakland International has committed to a minimum sum of £120,000 per year to the Foundation.
Two Charity Balls have together raised over £20,000 to support the work of the Foundation. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/oakland-foundation-charity-ball-resounding-success/
An example of the projects Oakland Foundation supports:
• Be You Programme helps school students to develop self confidence and self-esteem. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/be-you-programme-at-ipsley-school/
• Coalville Town FC U15s were granted funding for new home and away team kits. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/coalville-town-fc-u15s-looking-good/
• Goal – Driven CIC received funding to support a series of money themed workshops for 15-year-olds in Birmingham. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/sports-enterprise-receives-funding-from-childrens-charity-oakland-foundation/
• Leicestershire’s MRC Community Action’s summer focus of #GetCoalvilleCooking, received funding for ‘Family Cook Off’ sessions. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/oakland-foundation-supports-coalville-family-cooking-sessions/
• Tenacres Little Folks Pre-School in Redditch received a grant to purchase new play and learning resources. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/redditch-preschool-fun-thanks-to-childrens-charity-oakland-foundation-funding/
• Hinckley Running Club received funding for hoodies and to provide coaching sessions to ensure access for all. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/hinckley-running-club-receive-oakland-foundation-coaching-and-kit-funding/
• GENR8 gives children the opportunity to train alongside current and former elite athletes, with the aim to make sport accessible for all. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/genr8-acedemy/
• Coalville Can and Th!nkFC, in partnership with North West Leicestershire District Council, received funding to support Kickstarters youth provision sessions for schoolchildren in school years 4, 5 and 6. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/oakland-foundation-to-support-coalville-games-and-multisport-youth-provision-sessions/
• Feckenham FC received sponsorship for their junior section. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/feckenham-fc-platinum-partner-oakland-foundation/
• Active Kitchen, community partners and schools in Bromsgrove and Redditch supported to deliver healthy food parcels to children and families. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/active-kitchen-food-bromsgrove-and-redditch-parcel-project/
• Primary schools in Leicestershire received funding to provide an afterschool club initiative. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/leicestershire-schools-to-benefit-from-afterschool-childrens-club-funding/
• North West Leicestershire District Council’s Health and Wellbeing team received funding to provide a children’s summer holiday programme. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/oakland-foundation-supports-leicestershire-childrens-summer-camp/
• Pancake and batter mix donations were organised for students at Ipsley CE RSA Academy to ensure all children could celebrate Pancake Day. https://www.oakland-foundation.com/redditch-pupils-have-a-flipping-great-time/
You can read more about the projects they support by visiting: https://www.oakland-foundation.com/