- Contractual Arrangements:
Job Title: Warehouse Operative – Goods In
Last revision date: March 2016
Weekly working hours: 40
Contract type: Perm
Responsible to: Warehouse Shift Managers
Responsible for: N/A
- Job Purpose: To carry out warehouse duties following all relevant company procedures and adhering to company policies.
- Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
Principle Accountabilities & Objectives
- Loading and Unloading of vehicles following correct chilled handling procedures
- Ensure correct dress code (PPE) is worn at all times.
- Follow clean as you go policy so housekeeping is kept to the required standards.
- Report any Health and Safety issues to supervisor/manager.
- To be able to work overtime as and when required to meet business needs.
- To monitor product temperatures of intake and dispatch to ensure critical control points are maintained
- Order picking when required using correct procedures
- To work at management discretion when required.
- Along with manager/supervisor monitor and control the use of resource in a cost effective manner.
- Actively seek training in the respective areas to enhance the flexibility of the company
- Build working relationships with peers and work colleagues both within the department and throughout the company.
- Operate to high moral, personal and appearance standards.
- Maintain personal discipline, time keeping and morale.
- Ensure information is recorded correctly on daily sheets and highlight any issues to supervisor/manager paying particular attention to daily stock check sheets.
- Communicate with your supervisor/manager daily to ensure you understand targets and schedules
- Liaise with stock controllers and booking in staff with regards to stock movement
Skills/Knowledge and Qualifications
- Trained on all relevant equipment within chilled warehouse
- The ability to communicate with people within your area and other areas of the business.
- Generic Responsibilities:
- To participate fully in the Company’s Personal Performance and Development process and to undertake training and development relevant to your job.
- To contribute to the development of a respectful and mutually supportive working environment in accordance with our values.
- Support the team to monitor and control the use of resource in a cost effective manner.
- Encourage team members to develop and learn, ensuring the team are trained in respective areas to enhance the flexibility of the company.
- Build working relationships with colleagues both within the department and throughout the company.
- To comply with all Oakland policies and procedures, especially your own duty of take care towards your own personal health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions at work.
- Financial Responsibilities: N/A
This job description describes the main responsibilities of the post holder. As circumstances change, they may be amended to reflect new requirements of the post but levels of responsibility and the nature of duties will remain consistent. The post holder will be fully consulted on any significant changes.
The job description is not intended to cover in detail all the tasks required of the post. The post-holder will be required to carry out other associated duties necessary to provide an effective service and deliver the key areas of responsibility. These duties will not be unreasonable and will be appropriate to this level of post.
- Job Title: Warehouse Operative – Goods In
- Last Revision Date: March 2016
|3. Education / Qualifications / Licences|
|4. Skills / Abilities / Knowledge / Experience|
|5. Behaviour / Attitude|
- Core Competency Framework:
This person specification describes the main requirements of the post holder. As circumstances change, they may be amended to reflect new requirements of the post but levels of responsibility and the nature of duties will remain consistent. The post holder will be fully consulted on any significant changes.
|Weekly working hours:||40|
|Responsible to:||Warehouse Shift Managers|
|Date of revision:||March 2016|